Monday, August 9, 2010

Black and Whites don't need clarity


When flipping through
Paris 1962: Yves Saint Laurent and Dior, Christian Dior, The Early Collections. I was instantly mesmerized by the images, at first touch they seem like any page. Then my finger grazes the page and it feels rough, to believe this didn't just happen I slide my hand on it as a "wax on, wax off" motion. After awhile of touching and then flipping through the large images I started appreciating the grainy appeal to them. Next time I take a black and white I'll be sure to do it in an ill lit area. 


 No these are not grainy but in the spirit of B&W's and after looking through a book that was dedicated to African American's history through photos. The combination couldn't be more promising. Besides these women are beautiful!

top and bottom belong to Isabel Munoz and the middle was an installation done by a student in 2009, I forget where or who. 

No comments:

Post a Comment